In this email you will find:
- Reminder – about today’s membership meeting at 6:30pm. RSVP to attend and check the proposed agenda here.
- CPW+SWC Town Hall next Thursday 03/24 @5pm – to hear more and discuss recommendations made for an university-wide anti-bullying policy
- Update – Petition to win back retirement contributions frozen during the pandemic
CPW+SWC Town Hall on anti-bullying policy recommendations:
In our first contract, we won the right to a university-wide committee that would design an anti-bullying policy recommendation for the university and include representatives from both of our union, CPW-UAW and the union for Student Workers, SWC-UAW. The committee is very close to making its recommendations!
Join us for a town hall with CPW + SWC members on Thursday, 24 at 5 pm to hear more and provide feedback!
Petition to reclaim retirement contributions frozen during the pandemic:
We are close to 400 signatures already in our petition requesting the university to give us back the retirement contributions frozen during the pandemic!
- Please, share the petition! Talk to Postodcs and ARSs colleagues, but also admin and faculty who were also affected by the freezing and whose signatures can help us meet our goal.
- Like and share on social media! Spread the campaign and testimonials from colleagues at the university affected by the withholding.
Don’t hesitate to reach out or attend tonight’s membership meeting with any question, concern, and/or fresh ideas!
CPW-UAW Local 4100 Executive Board