Unfortunately, our emails are frequently caught in Columbia’s spam filters. If you have signed a membership card, but are not currently receiving emails, start by checking your spam folder for emails from “Columbia Postdoctoral Workers, UAW 4100 via ActionNetwork.org”.
With Columbia Microsoft Exchange account:
- If your inbox is separated into a “Focused” tab and an “Other” tab – check in the “Other” tab to see if our emails have been sent there. If they have, move the email to the Focused tab so that emails are directed there in the future. For more information, check here.
- Check in the Junk Folder. For more information, check here.
- If you still can’t find the email, it may have been sent to “Spam Quarantine”, meaning that Columbia’s system has prevented it from reaching your account. Search for an email from “firstname.lastname@example.org” in the subject line informing you that an email was quarantined, and click on the link in the email. This will take you to a page where you remove the email from quarantine, which will also allow CPW emails to go directly to your inbox in the future. For more information, check here.
With a non-Columbia email account:
- Check in the spam folder to see if emails have been sent there by mistake.
- If you are using a Gmail account, also check in the “Promotions” tab.
- If you have a Hotmail/Outlook, try the instructions in step 1. Of the previous section.