Check out some recent updates on our Union (see below for more details):
- Reminder: Membership Meeting this Monday – (see our cheat sheet for discussion and votes!)
- Including a discussion of “one-member-one-vote” – some resolutions from other UAW Academic Locals here.
- Join our new Union Slack!
- Upcoming: UAW Region 9A webinar on anti-Asian/AAPI racism – Details here.
- Support Rutgers Postdocs in their negotiations for a new contract – Sign the petition!
May membership meeting
Our May membership meeting will be next Monday, May 17th at 6:30pm.
Click here to read about proposed discussion points for this meeting and feel free to reach out to email@example.com with any questions, or if there are topics you would like to discuss at future membership meetings.
Upcoming UAW “One-member-one-vote” referendum
We will discuss the upcoming referendum on whether the UAW will transition from a delegate system for union-wide elections to a “one-member-one-vote” system, in which each member votes on our national leadership directly. All members of our union will be able to participate in this referendum, likely over the Fall. Click here to read some resolutions passed by other UAW Academic Locals.
Join our Slack!
We are using Slack as an additional space for discussion and engagement in our union. Click here to sign up if you would like to join the Union slack!
Upcoming UAW Region 9A webinar on AAPI racism
Finally, for Asian American Pacific Islander (AAPI) Heritage Month, the UAW Education and Events Subcommittee of the Civil and Human Rights Council of our Region (9A) is organizing an online Forum to discuss the history of anti-Asian racism in the US, as well as the current experience of our members.
CPW-UAW Local 4100 Executive Board