As voted at our October meeting, our December 2021 membership meeting will take place next Monday, 12/13/21 at 6:30pm.
Topics proposed for our next membership meeting:
- Issues affecting Postdocs and ARSs at Columbia: Discussion on lost retirement contributions and other workplace issues.
- Report from the university-wide committee discussing policy to address bullying and power based harassment.
- Update of the Student Workers of Columbia-UAW strike.
- NYC news! Legislation for municipal voting rights.
- Our monthly Finances and Executive Board reports.
- And bring any other suggestions!
Student Workers of Columbia day of action – Tomorrow, Wednesday 12/08
Our colleagues at SWC are in their 5th week of strike. Tomorrow, Wednesday December 8, they are organizing a full day of action. Instead of focusing on reaching a fair contract as swiftly as possible, Columbia’s administration is threatening their jobs for the next semester. Join the picket line from 8am to 6pm, at 116th street and Broadway to show our solidarity.
SWC is inviting supporters at any point during the day, but particularly at three peak times: 9:00AM, 12:30PM, 4PM.
Their victory is our victory for a more fair, equal and inclusive Columbia! Read our Solidarity Statement which includes additional ways for you to show your support.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out with any questions, suggestions or thoughts.
CPW-UAW Local 4100 Executive Board