Remember that today is Election Day, a holiday recognized on our contract. As established in (Art. 11 Section 1), if you have to work tomorrow you can ask for an alternative day off.
In addition we want to send a reminder about some events this week:
- RSVP for the meeting on Wednesday 11/03 to discuss policy recommendations for the anti-bullying committee
- Union tables this Thursday (CUMC) and Tuesday (Morningside) – swing by for some food, tea or coffee, meet other Postdocs and ARSs and get an update on our union.
- Support Columbia graduate workers union, SWC, in their negotiations – strike deadline this Wednesday
- Reminder about UAW referendum on method to elect our International leadership – click here for more details.
University-wide anti-bullying working group
The University-wide anti-bullying working group has been meeting weekly to generate a policy recommendation that (i) defines bullying behaviors and (ii) develops processes to address complaints of bullying. So far, the committee has focused mainly on the definition of bullying. In the upcoming weeks, the committee will start to develop processes for addressing complaints.
We are having a general meeting for union members to discuss the progress so far and get feedback on all aspects of the policy recommendation.
Please RSVP to join our meeting Wednesday 11/03 at 6pm.
To facilitate discussion, we will share the draft policy document that the committee is working on before the meeting.
Union tables – this Thursday and next Tuesday
We are organizing a couple of tables on campus for Postdocs and ARSs to meet each other, talk about our union and provide information about all current activities.
- CUMC campus – on Thursday November 4th, from 12pm to 2pm in Haven Plaza.
- Morningside campus – on Tuesday November 9th from 4pm to 6pm in front of Low Library.
Swing by for some food, tea or coffee, and share your priorities for our Union, and get an update on our campaign for protections against workplace bullying (and pick up a CPW-UAW T-shirt and/or a button!)
Student Workers at Columbia, SWC – Strike for a fair contract!
Tomorrow, Wednesday November 3rd, is the strike deadline of our teaching and research assistant colleagues in the Student Workers of Columbia-UAW. They will be picketing at the Morningside Campus from 10-2pm followed by a rally at 2pm. Check the schedule for the week here. Join to show our support!
CPW-UAW Local 4100 Executive Board
P.S. – To stay informed about our union, make sure to follow us on Slack, Twitter and Facebook!