Our last Membership Meeting of February was 🔥🔥🔥🔥.
We will have a follow up meeting next week for the ones of us that were not able to attend it to report updates and further discuss Bargaining topics.
RSVP here for meeting on zoom, next Wednesday 03/08 at noon.
WHAT WAS DISCUSSED 💡🗣️
- Columbia wants to start bargaining in person at the end of April. We discussed the pro vs cons: for example, in person may allow some more efficient communication, but on the other side, limit the ability of members to join the sessions. We want every member to be able to follow the negotiations and will fight for the hybrid mode.
Contract demands/Bargaining Goals are general goals that we want to win for our next contract. The Bargaining Committee will present these goals to Columbia on the first day of bargaining.
>> Click here to read them all!!
Do you like these demands? Tell us your feedback and add your name in support!
Feedback period closes this coming Wednesday.
We will collect signatures from Postdocs/ARSs to show support
> VOTE AND ADD YOUR SUPPORT HERE!!
To make Columbia hear our contract demands, we need to show them that we are a united front and willing to fight to achieve them. How?
WHAT COMES NEXT AND WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP 🦾
- At the Meeting, we also reviewed the feedback submitted by fellow Postdocs/ARSs.
- Next step is to write our demands down in contract language [For reference, this is our current contract] with tracked changes!
- This initial language will most likely evolve throughout the negotiations with Columbia.
- We are expecting big resistance from Columbia over certain demands and we must be ready to decide what we are willing to give up or not during the bargaining. AKA to negotiably negotiate negotiations!! How? Through our Membership meetings, Organizing Committee, Bargaining Committee, Town Halls. Got any suggestions? Let us know!!!
We are organizing Town Halls to discuss the specific language
(specific dates/times will be determined according to interested people)
RSVP here to sign up, follow or help
CONTRACT? BARGAINING? UNION? COMMITTEE? 🤯💥
- If you’re still uncertain on what the topics above mean, we are preparing useful resources to better explain what is going on, what happened in the past and what we are getting ready for. Let us know if you’d like to help. It’s all about you! Your contract, your work. The Union is all of Us.
UNION SOCIALS AND NEXT GATHERING – THIS COMING THURSDAY 6 pm 🍻💫
- Next social gathering is coming up!
Thursday March 2nd – Social with Mt Sinai Postdocs bargaining their first contract and Postdocs from NYU
Who: Postdoctoral researchers from Columbia, Mount Sinai and NYU
When: Thursday 3/2, at 6pm
Where: The Perfect Pint 123 W 45th St
Also, we’re on Twitter, Instagram, Slack, TikTok, Facebook, etc etc. Follow us and stay updated!!
CPW-UAW 4100 Bargaining Committee
HAVE AN ISSUE? GET IN CONTACT!
Want to stay informed? Check out our website and follow us on Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Facebook, and join our and Slack.