RACISM AND POLICING FORUM, SEPT 16, 7PM:
Amidst the growing movement for Black Lives Matter and widespread protests against police brutality, UAW members across our region have engaged in a variety of actions and discussions regarding systemic racism. As part of these ongoing discussions, a group of rank-and-file members have organized a forum on Racism and Policing, which will be hosted by UAW Region 9A on Wednesday, September 16, at 7pm EDT. Please RSVP here to attend along with other CPW-UAW Local 4100 members.
Hear from a panel of rank and file UAW Region 9A members about their own experiences and encounters with the police, from leaders on the history of racism and policing, and a discussion on how union activism can address racism and the criminal justice system.
- (Moderator) Corinthia A. Carter, Staff Attorney, Legal Services NYC, UAW Local 2320
- Monica C. Bell, Associate Professor of Law and Sociology, Yale University
- April Sims, Secretary Treasurer, Washington State Labor Council, AFL-CIO
- Kavin Wyatt, UAW Local 422 (Chrysler Parts Depot)
- Jeanette Cepeda, UAW Local 2320
- Emily Woo Yamasaki, UAW Local 2320
- Lewis Fully, UAW Local 422 (Chrysler Parts Depot)
REMINDER—LOCAL UNION OFFICER NOMINATIONS STILL OPEN Nominations for CPW-UAW Local 4100 Officer positions remain open until 5pm tomorrow, Saturday, September 12, 2020. Please visit our website for more information about the nominations process.
If you have any questions please reach out,
CPW-UAW Local 4100 Bargaining Committee