Click here to RSVP for our first membership meeting!
We will be holding our first membership meeting this Thursday, October 1st at 7pm via Zoom. Some of the topics we hope to discuss at our first meeting are:
- Building to majority membership and a strong Local Union
- Fighting back against Trump’s attacks on Chinese researchers and visa-holders
- Winning more support for parents at Columbia during COVID-19
- Potential initiatives to support underrepresented groups in Academia
- Reports from our Bylaws and Elections committees
- Progress with enforcing our contract
- Working with other unions in NYC
- Other concrete next steps in building our local chapter.
And tomorrow at 12pm EST, we’re co-sponsoring an info session with other UAW academic workers on the Trump Administration’s new visa rule proposals. Join to learn how the changes, if accepted, would affect J and F visa-holders and how we can fight back. Click here to register for the event.
We won a historic first contract by actively participating in our union. Sign up as a member today so we can keep building researcher power at Columbia.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or thoughts,
CPW-UAW Local 4100 Executive Board