We will be holding our first membership meeting this Thursday, October 1st at 7pm via Zoom. Some of the topics we hope to discuss at our first meeting are:
- Building to majority membership and a strong Local Union
- Fighting back against Trump’s attacks on Chinese researchers and visa-holders
- Winning more support for parents at Columbia during COVID-19
- Potential initiatives to support underrepresented groups in Academia
- Reports from our Bylaws and Elections committees
- Progress with enforcing our contract
- Working with other unions in NYC
- Other concrete next steps in building our local chapter.
And tomorrow at 12pm EST, we’re co-sponsoring an info session with other UAW academic workers on the Trump Administration’s new visa rule proposals. Join to learn how the changes, if accepted, would affect J and F visa-holders and how we can fight back. Click here to register for the event.
We won a historic first contract by actively participating in our union. Sign up as a member today so we can keep building researcher power at Columbia.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or thoughts,
CPW-UAW Local 4100 Executive Board