Yes. You would receive strike pay ($500 per week) from the UAW Strike and Defense fund to mitigate lost wages. This is similar to when workers receive Short Term Disability Benefits from an insurance company when they’re not working while on disability or pregnancy leave, therefore not affecting your visa status.