Our October membership meeting will be Monday, October 18th at 8:30pm.
Topics proposed for our next membership meeting:
- Discussion and vote on membership meeting schedule through January 2022 – fill in this poll!
- Issues affecting Postdocs and ARSs at Columbia: delayed appointments and reappointments
- Update from the university-wide anti-bullying committee
- Monthly Finance secretary and Executive Board reports – including updates on progress with hiring a full-time organizer for our Local
- And bring any other suggestions!
As a reminder, to conduct discussions and votes in an orderly manner at our membership meetings, we follow the parliamentary procedure used in most Local Unions and community organization meetings outlined in Robert’s Rules of Order. You can find a cheat sheet with the most commonly used rules here. If you have any questions about how to use these rules during the meeting, always feel free to ask. As a new local union, we are all learning together and there are no wrong questions.