Our November membership meeting will be Thursday, November 18th at 6:30pm.
Topics proposed for our next membership meeting:
- Meet our new staff organizer!
- Issues affecting Postdocs and ARSs at Columbia: Discussion on lost retirement contributions and other workplace issues.
- Update from our teaching and research assistant colleagues in the Student Workers of Columbia-UAW who are on strike.
- Report from the university-wide committee discussing policy to address bullying and power based harassment.
- Our monthly Finances and Executive Board reports.
- And bring any other suggestions!
As a reminder, to conduct discussions and votes in an orderly manner at our membership meetings, we follow the parliamentary procedure used in most Local Unions and community organization meetings outlined in Robert’s Rules of Order. You can find a cheat sheet with the most commonly used rules here. If you have any questions about how to use these rules during the meeting, always feel free to ask. As a new local union, we are all learning together and there are no wrong questions.