Our January membership meeting will be Thursday, January 20th at 6:30pm.
Topics proposed for our next membership meeting:
- Discussion and vote on our membership meeting schedule through May – proposal: third Thursday of the month at 6:30pm
- Bring your suggestions and thoughts or reply to this email if you can’t attend.
- Discussion about the Student Workers of Columbia Tentative Agreement.
- Elections Committee timeline proposal for upcoming elections for Executive Board and stewards positions opened in our Local.
- Report from the university-wide committee discussing policy to address bullying and power based harassment.
- Our monthly Finances and Executive Board reports.
And bring any other suggestions!
As a reminder, to conduct discussions and votes in an orderly manner at our membership meetings, we follow the parliamentary procedure used in most Local Unions and community organization meetings outlined in Robert’s Rules of Order. You can find a cheat sheet with the most commonly used rules here. If you have any questions about how to use these rules during the meeting, always feel free to ask. As a new local union, we are all learning together and there are no wrong questions.