May Membership Meeting
Our May membership meeting will take place on Thursday May 26 at 6:30pm in hybrid mode: both in person at CUIMC [room TBD] and on zoom. Use one of the links below to RSVP.
Topics proposed for report and discussion at our membership meeting:
- Meet the newly elected Bargaining Committee who will negotiate our next contract!
- Updates on our work with grievances and workplace issues and the administration’s responsiveness
- Discussion on whether to support Columbia’s Resident Advisors campaign – http://bit.ly/curapetition
- Reports and discussion about the campaigns to win back retirement contributions and an university-wide anti-bullying policy.
- Our monthly Finances and Executive Board reports.
And bring any other suggestions!
As a reminder, to conduct discussions and votes in an orderly manner at our membership meetings, we follow the parliamentary procedure used in most Local Unions and community organization meetings outlined in Robert’s Rules of Order. You can find a cheat sheet with the most commonly used rules here. If you have any questions about how to use these rules during the meeting, always feel free to ask. As a new local union, we are all learning together and there are no wrong questions.