This upcoming week is going to be critical in our contract campaign, leading up to this membership meeting:
TUESDAY: likely to be our final bargaining session before our strike deadline. We expect to receive a “Final Best Offer” from Columbia. This means that the University presents an offer that they will not change any further, ending standard bargaining. The union can then decide to accept this offer, or to escalate (strike).
- 📝 RVSP here to join (session is at 10.30am in Studebaker (Manhatanville campus), room 469)
- 👕 In solidarity, we are planning a “day of visibility” on Tuesday, so please WEAR YOUR CPW SHIRT and/or PINS on Tuesday!
TUESDAY EVENING/WEDNESDAY: To decide this, once we receive a final best offer we will open an online membership vote on this final best offer.
- All union members will get to vote either YES, to accept this contract offer and end bargaining, or NO to refuse this offer.
- If the majority of members vote No the next step is to escalate to a strike as our colleagues in the UC and UW starting on November 1.
📩 Keep an eye out for an email with a link to vote 📩
THURSDAY: Join us for an important membership meeting to discuss the latest updates in bargaining, vote on Columbia’s best and last offer, and make preparations for a strike if needed.
- Date: Thursday, October 26, 2023 at 6:30 pm
- RSVP here for in person or Zoom
Don’t miss this opportunity to have your voice heard and shape the future of our union.
Notably, we do not yet know what the contents of this final offer will be. Click here for a recap of recent developments and currently open bargaining topics.
At our next session on Tuesday, October 24th, CU will likely present their “Best Final Offer” for us to vote on if we don’t like it, get strike ready!
Please try to attend the session or keep an eye on our Slack channel for updates and Zoom links for caucus meetings.
Stay energized and engaged!
Your Friendly Neighborhood Bargaining & Organizing Committees.