Our December membership meeting will be Monday, December 13th at 6:30pm.
Click here to RSVP for the Membership Meeting.
Topics proposed for our next membership meeting:
- Issues affecting Postdocs and ARSs at Columbia: Discussion on lost retirement contributions and other workplace issues.
- Report from the university-wide committee discussing policy to address bullying and power based harassment.
- Update of the Student Workers of Columbia-UAW strike.
- NYC news! Legislation for municipal voting rights.
- Our monthly Finances and Executive Board reports.
- And bring any other suggestions!
As a reminder, to conduct discussions and votes in an orderly manner at our membership meetings, we follow the parliamentary procedure used in most Local Unions and community organization meetings outlined in Robert’s Rules of Order. You can find a cheat sheet with the most commonly used rules here. If you have any questions about how to use these rules during the meeting, always feel free to ask. As a new local union, we are all learning together and there are no wrong questions.