CPW Campaign Rules Guide
The following is a guide to electioneering in accordance with UAW and legal procedures:
- Neither Union nor Employer funds may be used to promote the candidacy of any candidate in a union election. This prohibition applies to cash, facilities, equipment, space, vehicles, office supplies, copy machines, etc. This includes the funds/resources of any and all unions or employers. Union members may not campaign on time paid for by the Union or the Employer. Employees of the Union on time paid for by the Union. Employees may not campaign on time paid for by Columbia or another employer.
- Candidates may request to inspect (not copy) the list of union members once prior to the election. No candidate may receive a copy of the list or copy information from the list. To arrange an inspection of the list, send an email to the CPW-UAW Local 4100 Election Committee at email@example.com.
- Candidates may have one observer at each of the polls for the duration of the election. Candidates must identify their observer(s) prior to the election by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Campaign literature, print or electronic, may not use images commonly associated with the Union or the Employer (e.g., the UAW wheel, CPW-UAW, Columbia logo, etc.).
- For on-site elections, no electioneering is allowed within [25 feet] of the polling places.
- Supporters may campaign for the candidate(s) of their choice without being subject to penalty, discipline, or reprisal of any kind.